Monday, May 23, 2011

puzzles, perfection, and chaos

Packing is kind of funny.  No matter how much you plan, it never works out right.  I am fairly certain I inherited a gene from my father that allows me excellent spatial sense, a miracle in packing.  Things fit inside other things, stacked well, solid.  At least that's how it works out in the beginning.  A proud smile lingers after every expertly packed box.  But now, not so much.  Pure chaos in boxes.  Moisturizer and umbrella in the same box?  Blasphemy!  But there's no way to avoid it- nothing fits together perfectly all the time.  Even the best laid plans have snags.  Even the best packed boxes have socks stuffed in a corner.

I suppose this is just another way to procrastinate- I don't want to pack imperfect boxes, or have to take my tv down.  Or limit my next few weeks of clothes to a few bags.  But in each of these things, there are lessons.  I'd tell them to you, but I have to see what fits in with a welcome mat, a few cans of beets, and a tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment